YEAR-END DIGITAL FUNDRAISING TOOLKIT
The end of the calendar year brings a great opportunity to reach out to friends, family, and colleagues to connect them with the causes you care about. In this toolkit, you will find some simple and easy ways to fundraise for Point Foundation through December 31st.
- End of Year Campaign
Throughout the month of December, Point will run our year-end campaign with a $50,000 matching challenge!
WAYS TO FUNDRAISE
SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE
Set up your fundraising webpage. You can personalize the copy on your page to suit your own style and fundraising appeal by visiting https://pointfoundation2021.funraise.org/ You will then be asked if you wish to create a Facebook fundraiser, which you can do now or later. You cannot, however, link an existing Facebook fundraiser to a giving page. Please contact Eddie or David if you’d like some tips or need help setting up your page.
Write an email to your contacts list – you can send a mass email or personalize your message to specific audiences. A template is provided in this package – the best messages are simple, stating why Point is important to you – you can make it as personal as you like — and what we do. Always include the link to your fundraising page.
Pick a date to send the email, and then calendar yourself to send out a reminder or two. The key to this kind of fundraising is repetition. People won’t be bothered if you are asking more than once – and remember, you aren’t asking for yourself, you’re asking for Point!
We all know Facebook has its drawbacks and issues, but the one area where it has proved to be a big help is in charitable giving. It’s an easy way to cast a wide net to friends and acquaintances to ask for support. There are two ways to go about this:
- You can duplicate and amplify your email campaign by simply posting your fundraising message to Facebook with a link to your donation page. This way, people will directly donate and see your message.
- You can set up a Facebook fundraiser for Point in connection with or separate from your giving page – this is Facebook’s preferred method and it does make it an easy process for donations. Also, on Giving Tuesday, Facebook matches gifts.
TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL EMAIL AND SOCIAL FUNDRAISING
- Repetition is important – set a goal for yourself to send out messages or post about your fundraiser multiple times. People will not mind being reminded that you are raising funds, whether it’s a second or third email or several Facebook posts.
- Let folks know about deadlines and your progress. If you have set up a fundraiser through Facebook there are automatic updates that everyone can see. If you choose to simply use your personalized webpage on Point’s site you can just update everyone in your communications.
- Thank people – Thanking your friends publicly lets others know that people are supporting you and lets your friends who have given know you appreciate them. This is easy to do on Facebook by tagging your friends in a thank you post.
DECEMBER YEAR-END GIVING CAMPAIGN
Our campaign will focus on several scholar stories, and we have a $50,000 matching gift through December and a final push matching gift of $10,000 for December 31st. We’ll be sharing out on social throughout and you can either share our posts or create your own campaign from the email and social samples we’ve provided below.
SAMPLE EMAIL for YEAR-END GIVING
As you may know, I am on the Board of Directors/Trustees/Emeritus Board/Honorary Board of the Point Foundation.
Point is the nation’s largest scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) students of merit. Point promotes change through scholarship funding, mentorship, leadership development, and community service training.
Point is so important to me because [add some words about your personal passion for our mission here]
During this time of giving, I am reaching out to ask you to consider a gift to Point. Through December, a generous donor is matching the first $50,000 we raise, which means:
- Your gift of $25 will become $50
- Your gift of $50 will become $100
- Your gift of $100 will become $200
As the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic persists, Point scholars are deeply concerned about how this unprecedented crisis will shape their future. They’ve worked so hard to overcome adversity and pursue their dreams, but now, they need support more than ever to help make their dreams of higher education a reality.
I hope you will consider a gift. I’m also happy to answer any questions you have about the organization! Here is the link to my giving page [LINK TO YOUR WEBPAGE]
SAMPLE FACEBOOK POST for END OF YEAR GIVING
This holiday season I’m asking for my friends to support young LGBTQ people with a gift to the Point Foundation, an organization I serve as a Board member. We are the nation’s largest scholarship-granting organization for LGBTQ students of merit. Point promotes change through scholarship funding, mentorship, leadership development, and community service training.
AND If you give today, your gift will be matched up to $50,000! [LINK TO YOUR WEBPAGE]