Semifinalist & Finalist Information
Important timelines and key pieces of info for those who have advanced
in the 2021-2022 Point Foundation Scholarship application process.
Semifinalist Submission Deadlines
Point’s Scholarship Application closes at 9:00 a.m. PST/12:00 p.m. EST
Last day that semifinalist notifications are made. Please abstain from inquiring about your status before this time (approx. February 12).
All supplemental materials must be uploaded to CommunityForce.
Week of March 16:
Zoom interviews for selected semifinalists.
Finalists are notified.
- -+Will I need to submit any supplemental information?
Semifinalists will receive notification if supplemental information is required.
Semifinalists will be required to submit the following:
1. Open-ended response & essay questions
2. Updated resume and/or CV
3. Verification of test scores (if applicable)
5. 2-3 letters of recommendation
6. Financial aid award information (if applicable)
All documents will be required to be uploaded directly to our application website. Detailed information regarding the above listed semifinalist supplemental documents and submission instructions will be provided to all applicants who advance to the semifinalist round. Unsolicited submissions will not be accepted.
Applicants will be notified if they have advanced to the semifinalist round on a rolling basis beginning in January 2021 and no later than Friday, February 12, 2021. All documents must be uploaded by Friday, March 5, 2021.
- -+Will Point let me know if I need to be part of a Zoom interview?
All semifinalists who will have Zoom interviews will be contacted in March. Please note that Point does not provide feedback regarding submitted scholarship applications nor any part of the selections process.
Finalist Submission Deadlines
Point personally notifies each finalist by email with an invitation to the finalist stage with the organization’s Board of Directors and Selections Subcommittee. All finalists should save the date and be prepared to submit the final information indicated below to Point by March 29.
Submit final information to Point.
Mandatory finalist supplemental materials due.
All new scholar notifications completed.
- -+Is there an in-person interview?
This year, our finalist stage will be virtual. Students will receive an email detailing additional supplemental materials they will need to provide for the finalist stage.
Participation in the finalist stage is mandatory for all finalists who wish to remain candidates for the Point Scholarship.
- -+What are the finalists’ items of submission?
These items are as follows, which are to be submitted via email only:
- A Student Aid Report (Completed & accepted). This report is required and may be submitted electronically. It is a governmental document that is required by colleges and universities to determine eligibility for need-based financial assistance. Falsifying information on the FAFSA carries a criminal penalty. Please fill out the form thoroughly and accurately. The deadline to submit SAR reports, New Scholar Financial Application, other requested information, and a photograph is early April. Email submissions should be sent to Point by clicking here.
- Additionally, Point requires submission of Point’s New Scholar Financial Application and Parental Support Affidavit.
- Finalists must review and sign Point’s Contract of Excellence (COE) before final selections.
- Submit a professional looking photograph, preferred first name, and gender pronoun for a nametag.
- Submit a Point Finalist Travel Release form and reply promptly to all correspondence regarding travel arrangements for the weekend.
- School Updates: Please email Point if you have received any new acceptances or made a final decision on where you will be attending school in the fall. If you are still awaiting acceptance, or you have not yet made a final decision, please email your top two preferences.
- For dissertation finalists return Point’s Ph.D. academic questionnaire.
- Submit a response to an online survey for mentoring and media training interviews. Individuals selected to receive a Point Foundation Scholarship will be notified by June.